...the process of measuring something in the body of which one is usually unaware (brain activity, heart rate, muscle tension, sweat activity, etc.), then providing instant information regarding what was measured. Biofeedback Training is...
...the process learning to change one’s biological response to stimuli in the world in order to promote positive change both physically and emotionally.
We offer five primary forms of Biofeedback Training:
- EEG Biofeedback Training - Train your brain to allow you to be your best by exercising your brain to improve its ability to regulate itself.
- HEG Biofeedback Training- Train your brain to increase blood flow to the frontal/prefrontal lobes to increase executive functions and reduce migraines.
- BRT Biofeedback Training- This is biofeedback for the body reading electromagnetic cellular activity using Pulsed Electromagnetic Field (PEMF) technology.
- Heart Rate Variability Training - Learn breathing techniques via computerized feedback to ward off anxiety and tension, elevate mood, and/or improve sleep.
- Interactive Metronome Training - Use auditory and visual feedback coupled with motor timing to help strengthen the connections between your brain and the rest of your body to improve attention and overall performance.
- EMG Biofeedback - Is a method of retraining muscle by creating new feedback systems as a result of the conversion of myoelectrical signals in the muscle into visual and auditory signals. EMG uses surface electrodes to detect a change in skeletal muscle activity, which is then fed back to the user usually by a visual or auditory signal. EMG biofeedback can be used to either increase activity in weak or paretic muscle or it can be used to facilitate a reduction in tone is a spastic one. EMG biofeedback has been shown to be useful in both musculoskeletal and neurological rehabilitation.
There are also training methods we use to support biofeedback, including:
Our approach is to determine which biofeedback and supportive methods are best suited for each individual and to design a program that will be interesting and rewarding to pursue with our experienced clinicians and technicians.